If you are old or have a disability and it is a long way to your mailbox, it may sometimes be difficult or even impossible to collect your mail yourself. In such cases, the Rural postal service can help you.
This service ensures that your letters and parcels are delivered to the mailbox on your property. If you cannot get to the mailbox on your property, the mail is delivered to your door. The service is available for people living in rural areas that are served by rural mail carrier routes, and are aged over 80 or have some type of disability that makes it difficult for them to get to a regular mailbox or service point.
How to apply for rural postal service
You can apply for the service at the nearest post office or via your rural mail carrier. Our customer service can help you with contact information if you call 0771–33 33 10. You may need to submit certification confirming that you need the service.
Rural postal service includes the following:
- We deliver your mail to the mailbox on your property, or to your front door if you have difficulty getting to the mailbox.
- We distribute letters and parcels with additional services such as Cash on delivery, Registered Mail, Express Mail and Valuables.
- While distributing mail to you, we also collect letters and parcels that you wish to send.
- Notified parcel shipments, Registered Mail and Valuables are distributed pursuant to your request. When you receive a notification or SMS notification, you can request online that the notified mail consignment is delivered to you the next day. You can also call customer service at 0771–33 33 10, which can arrange the delivery for you.
- Sale of stamps following ordering online. Stamps, which are paid for in cash, can be ordered by calling customer service at 0771–33 33 10. Customers who order stamps can either leave the money at the mailbox or provide notification that we should go to the front door to receive the order. We then provide the stamps and the change the next day.