How the mail is delivered.
Mail is delivered throughout the day to all households on non-holiday business days. The time of day you receive your mail depends on whether you live at the beginning or end of your mail carrier’s route.
If you have not received your mail, it may be due to various reasons:
- Incorrect recipient address.
- Letter with service that has a long transit time.
- If you recently moved in and have not registered your address change, ordered mail forwarding or put your name on the door/building mailbox.
- In the event of a traffic hold-up or locked door, mail will be stored at the delivery office and distributed on the next delivery route. In that case, recipients can pick up the mail from the delivery office.
- Extraordinary weather conditions that prevent the mail carrier from being able to deliver the mail.