You must present identification when collecting a parcel, Registered Mail or Cash on Delivery item from a partner outlet or at a Business Service Center.
- Always show valid ID*.
- The name on the ID must be the same as the name of the recipient.
- The validity period of the identification must not be expired and the card must not be damaged or broken.
- If you are collecting an item for someone else, you must also show the ID of the person to whom it is addressed as well as your own ID. If it is Registered Mail, the recipient must also sign for it.
- For economic or non-profit associations, registration certificates and protocol excerpt apply.
- In the case of collection in person, only the recipient may collect the item. Power of attorney and proxy are not applicable.
*Read about the approved forms of identification.
Bear in mind that it is important that the name on the mail item is the same as that on the recipient’s ID.
Power of attorney
A power of attorney is used when the recipients cannot sign for their mail items themselves for some reason, or for people with no valid ID. Read more about power of attorney.
Children with valid ID are entitled to sign for and collect Registered Mail, parcels and Cash on Delivery items.
Children without identification
A parent or guardian can collect parcels and Cash on Delivery items by showing their ID and proof of custody/guardianship.
Registered Mail requires that both parents (if both have custody of the child) sign for the item and show their ID and proof of custody/guardianship. It is not necessary for both to be present, but the person collecting the item must have the other person’s ID with them and their signature on the notification.
Read more about collection of Registered Mail, Cash on Delivery items, EMS and Värde by private individuals: Identification when you collect a mail item
Collection on behalf of a company
Those collecting Registered Mail, Cash on Delivery items, EMS and Värde must always present identification. Furthermore, identification of the authorized signatory/person with power of attorney must be presented when a proxy collects Registered Mail and Värde.
Collection of Registered Mail, Cash on Delivery items, EMS and Värde for companies:
An authorized signatory must sign for Registered Mail and Värde items.
- If there are several authorized signatories and they cannot all sign for the item, or if someone other than the signatory shall sign, a power of attorney must also be submitted. The power of attorney must be submitted one week before it goes into effect.
- To the form power of attorney (pdf)
- A power of attorney is valid for up to five years and must be renewed thereafter.