What is Registered Mail International?
Registered mail is the ideal solution for private individuals who want to send important documents and valuable goods internationally, which must be signed for by the recipient. Shipments can weigh a maximum of 2 kg, with a maximum value of SEK 10,000. Shipments have to be signed for by the recipient on presentation of proof of identity in the recipient country. If you require confirmation that the recipient has collected your shipment, you can purchase the additional service “Confirmation required” and the receipt will be sent to you after hand-over.
Two versions of Registered Mail International are available
- Registered Mail 2,000: Value up to SEK 2,000, max. weight 2 kg
- Registered Mail 10,000: Value up to SEK 10,000, max. weight 2 kg
In the event of loss or damage, we pay compensation in the maximum amount of SEK 2,000 or SEK 10,000, depending on which version of the Registered Mail service you selected. The compensation payable is based on the market value of the contents. Please note that no compensation at all is payable if the market value of the contents exceeds the respective maximum amounts.
Delivery inside and outside the EU
Delivery times for Registered Mail International vary depending on the recipient country.
When sending goods within the EU, you must always attach a security declaration. When sending goods to destinations outside the EU, you must always affix a shipment ID and a unique bar code to the package. Find out more about customs procedures outside the EU.
Air transport directive
As from April 29, 2010, all shipments transported by air must be X-rayed in order to fulfil the air safety regulations pursuant to the applicable EU directive. In the event that the X-ray is unable to establish what the shipment contains, it will be transported by other means – road or rail, for example – instead. If this is not possible either, the shipment will be returned to you.
How do I use this service?
- Use the Skicka Direkt online tool or the PostNord App to send Registered Mail.
- Select the weight range, country, max. weight and any additional services you require.
- Enter the information required for the sender and recipient.
- If you pay via Skicka Direkt or in the app, your shipping note will be sent to you directly. You can then print the shipping note out yourself at home, or at any of our service points.
- You can drop off Registered Mail at any of our service points.
Weights and measures
Length: minimum 140 mm, max 600 mm
Width: minimum 90 mm
Length + Width + Height: max 900 mm
Weight: max 2 kilo
General service information
Drop off point: Service point
Point of delivery: Depends on the country
Traceable: Yes, in some countries
Delivery time: Depends on the country
Send Registered Mail International
Secure delivery of important documents and valuable goods.