What is Registered Mail Domestic?
Registered mail is the ideal solution for private individuals who want to send important documents and valuable goods, which must be signed for by the recipient. The shipment can weigh up to 20 kg and has to be signed for by the recipient on presentation of proof of identity at the service point. The recipient can also grant power of attorney to another person, who can then sign for the registered mail.
If you want to be certain that only the recipient can collect the shipment, you can choose the “Personal Delivery” option. If you wish to request a receipt once the recipient has collected your shipment, choose the “Receipt confirmation” option.
A number of supplementary services are available for registered mail, which you can select in the PostNord App or the Skicka Direkt online tool.
Two versions of Registered Mail Domestic are available
- Registered Mail: Value up to SEK 10,000, max. weight 2 kg
- Registered Mail Extra: Value up to SEK 25,000, max. weight 20 kg
If you send cash, the maximum sum permitted is SEK 5,000.
In the event of loss or damage, we pay compensation in the maximum amount of SEK 2,000 or SEK 10,000, depending on which version of the Registered Mail service you selected. The compensation payable is based on the market value of the contents. Please note that no compensation at all is payable if the market value of the contents exceeds the respective maximum amounts.
Registered Mail Domestic shipments are distributed on the business day after drop-off, with the exception of certain zip codes. Shipments are trackable all the way on our website and in the PostNord App.
How do I use this service?
- Use the Skicka Direkt online tool or the PostNord App to send Registered Mail.
- Select the weight range, max. weight and any supplementary services you require.
- Enter the information required for the sender and recipient.
- If you pay via Skicka Direkt or in the app, your shipping note will be sent to you directly. You can then print the shipping note out yourself at home, or at any of our service points.
- You can drop off Registered Mail at any of our service points.
Weights and measures – Rek, Rek Retur
Length: minimum 140 mm, max 600 mm
Width: minimum 90 mm
Length + width + height: max 900 mm
Weight: max 2 kilo
Weights and measures – Rek Extra
Length: minimum 140 mm, max 1.5 m
Width: minimum 90 mm
Length + circumference: max 2 m
Weight: max 20 kilo
General service information
Drop off point: Service point
Point of delivery: Service point, rural mail carrying
Delivery time: 1–2 weekdays
Send Registered Mail Domestic
Fast, secure delivery of important documents and valuable goods.