E-commerce during purchase
Delivery options can increase the conversion rate in your online store.
For most consumers, purchases are generally not so urgent that they consider it worth paying more for fast delivery. An extra day usually makes little or no difference. However, many consumers would prefer to specify during the purchase process a specific delivery time, place and method to fit their daily routines.
Consumers want deliveries to fit into their everyday lives. And their requirements change depending on what they buy, when they buy and what the product means to them. Being able to choose a suitable delivery location for each specific purchase is an important parameter. Closest does not always mean best. The freedom to choose between delivery to work, home or a partner outlet is more important.
Consumers want freedom of choice. Making choices should be easy and there should be multiple options. We help you make it easier for your customers by providing solutions that give more options when purchasing and arranging deliveries.
- Allow your customers to choose the place of delivery.
- The option to collect from the store.
- Your customers can use our app.
- More delivery options with FlexChange.
- Safer and more flexible delivery with digital identification.
- More options and deliveries inside the home with the digital lock.
- Packing and sending items.
- Customer information via notification.
In the Customer Portal, we offer the Track & Trace Premium service, in which you can create an automated flow of notifications to your recipients marked with your own logo.
Read more about the Customer Portal, or if you already have an account, log in.
The option to collect from the store
If you have e-commerce operations and physical stores, the Collect In-store service is suitable for you. Let your customers choose if they want to collect their e-commerce purchases at your store instead of from a partner outlet. With our retail app, you can become your own outlet for your customers. This generates more traffic to your physical stores and gives your customers more freedom, as they can choose from more places than just the default collection location.
Your customers can use our app
The PostNord app is a clear and easy-to-understand app that can be used to track shipments. The app also acts as a remote control for parcel deliveries: customers can specify where the item will be delivered, and also manage additional services and returns.
More delivery options with FlexChange
Demand for flexible home deliveries is increasing in the Nordic countries. With FlexChange, your recipients can choose their preferred time and place of delivery and do not even have to be at home when parcels are delivered. In PostNord’s app or on its website, recipients can book home deliveries, select the delivery time and day, and amend the time of a home delivery that has already been booked. If the recipient is not home, it is also possible to have the delivery notification sent to someone else, such as a relative or neighbor.
Safer and more flexible delivery with digital identification
Digital identification is a more secure option than using physical identification documents. It gives recipients more options and greater flexibility regarding the collection of their parcels, and it also makes it easier to collect parcels for other people. Digital ID is an additional option for MyPack Collect and can be used by recipients in Sweden.
More options and deliveries inside the home with the digital lock
Recipients of e-commerce parcels will soon be able to choose to have their items delivered to inside their homes. This new delivery method has been developed by PostNord and ASSA ABLOY. Together with the e-retailers Jollyroom, Apotea and Komplett, we are conducting a pilot in which selected households can test this delivery option. The delivery option will be available in Delivery Checkout and FlexChange.
Packing and sending items
More about tips related to pick and pack and what to take into consideration when sending goods to the final consumer. These aspects are important but are sometimes overlooked in the overall experience for online purchases.
Pick and pack goods
When an order has been received, the goods must be picked from the warehouse and packed in suitable packaging. TA suppliers are often the providers of notifications for end consumers. Ensure therefore the functionality through the entire order processing and that the TA solution is tailored to your particular business activities.
- E-retailers spend a lot of time packing and sending goods, so it is important to have flexible solutions for the entire flow (from order and packing information to well-designed warehousing and efficient packing procedures).
- Put together a viable strategy for packaging, standard boxes, personal messages, etc. For example, the packaging itself is currently often unutilized as a communication channel.
- Ensure that the inventory balance matches the customer information, and that there is a consistent strategy for handling cases in which information is incorrect, such as an item not being in stock.
- Make sales and volume forecasts and connect to stock/staff that can handle peaks and troughs.
Send goods – that's how it works
As an e-retailer, it is not always easy to understand all the different services, shipping terms and processes that are associated with the distribution of goods. Ensure that the service you decide upon delivers the quality that your customers demand, and has the level of service that the customers prefer. Identify your needs for shipping solutions, depending on the type of product, where your customers are and what preferences they have.
- A good shipping solution fulfills the needs of the recipient, regardless of whether this involves quick and easy collection of the goods from a partner outlet or having them delivered to work or home.
- High delivery precision and quality are two important factors, for example for providing continuous information about where a parcel is located and when it will arrive.
We have distribution solutions that suit your needs. Regardless of whether you want to send items within Sweden or abroad.
- It is best to send light items using our letter services, such as Varubrev.
- Heavier goods are transported quickly and securely using our parcel services, such as MyPack Collect.
Via PostNord in Sweden and Denmark as well as PostNord Logistics’ own sales network in Finland and Norway, your customers have their goods delivered home or can retrieve them from a nearby distribution point when it suits them. We also have straightforward solutions for possible returns.
Use our app for easier e-commerce
In the Customer Portal, we offer the Track & Trace Premium service, in which you can create an automated flow of notifications to your recipients marked with your own logo. Read more about the Customer Portal, or log in if you already have an account.