E-commerce after delivery
Create a shopping experience that holds all the way through to beyond the purchase with a good returns policy.
To create a shopping experience that holds all the way through to beyond the purchase, it is important to:
- have a clear returns policy
- make it easy to return items
- accept returns – refunding of purchase price or sending of new goods
- customer follow-up.
Make sure you have a clear returns policy
- Having a clear policy ensures you avoid unnecessary misunderstandings.
- Clarity also generates confidence in terms of customers daring to make purchases from you, as surprises and uncertainties can be prevented by providing clear information.
- Read more about our service PostNord Return Drop Off, which makes it easier for your customers to make returns.
- PostNord Return Pickup for returning heavier consignments, or if the recipient wants PostNord to pick up the returns at his/her home address.
Make it easy to send return items
- Enable own printing of return shipping notes.
- Clearly describe how the customer should pack the item
- If you do not have the possibility to offer free returns, the process can still be made smooth for the customer – you can refer the customer directly on the website to existing solutions for making returns themselves in a cost-effective manner. You can read more about Skicka Direkt.
- Guides, step-by-step instructions and short films are other good ways to answer possible questions.
- Your customers can manage returns directly in their cell phones using the PostNord app. Read more about the PostNord App.
Accepting returns is expensive. The returns have to be checked and put back in the warehouse, and the money refunded. Returns should be handled as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to satisfy customers. Changes and complaints take a long time for the consumer because the replacement is only sent once the return has been received and checked.
Refund or send a new product
The process varies depending on whether the customer wants to exchange a product or simply return it. In the case of a return, the money is refunded and the goods returned to the stock balance. If the customer wants to exchange the product for a new one, it becomes a new order and is handled in the usual flow.
As an e-retailer, it is important to be transparent with any refunds. Many customers call customer service to ask when the money will appear in their account.
Customer follow-up is an important part of marketing and should be done regardless of whether or not a return has been made. After a return has been completed, you should inform the customer that the return has been received and provide information about a possible refund or when the replacement item will be sent.
Continuous customer monitoring is done to identify areas for improvement in the shopping experience. Offers can be sent to customers who have made returns, and your customers can provide feedback directly using the PostNord App.