Here you will find a whole host of creative tips and ideas about how you can collect stamps and stamp products.
Do you want an enjoyable hobby that broadens the mind? Start collecting stamps! You'll learn something new and acquire a whole host of friends who share your passion.
Different ways to collect
- By country – Collect stamps from a particular country in chronological order.
- By motif – Separate stamps by subject area or theme, e.g. automobiles.
- Booklets – Stamps are available in coils or booklets. Many people just collect booklets that are stamps with a "cover".
- FDC – First Day Covers, i.e., items stamped with the postmark of the date of issue.
- Special collection – Specialize in a limited section of a country's stamps.
- Open collection – Collect stamps focusing on a particular subject, augmenting the collection with things such as tickets, postcards and keychains.
- Postmark collecting – This may include place stamps, first day stamps, commemorative stamps or machine-franked stamps.
During the year we organize a series of events that are open to the public. On the website of the Swedish Philatelic Federation you will find the events in your neighborhood.
Every time we publish new stamp issues, we send a newsletter by mail. The newsletter is replacing the paper Bulletin that we used to publish.
PostNord and Sveriges Filatelistförbund (SFF) have agreed that the collector who wants to have stamps cancelled can contact to the local clubs. The cancellation is complimentary. Read more at sff.nu. (There is an English part just below the information in Swedish.)